Monday, April 11, 2011

Stuffed French Toast

I follow a pretty strict diet like I've discussed on here before. But the key to not going insane is letting myself have a cheat meal once a week. I usually do this at Sunday morning when I go for brunch with my favorite people. It's one of my favorite things to look forward to, not just because I go crazy eating whatever I want, but spending time with people I love.

We usually try somewhere new for brunch. If we really like somewhere we might go a couple times. This past Sunday we went to Glenn's Family Restaurant.. Glenn's is a locally owned restaurant that has a very extensive tea menu and a large home cooked food menu.

This weekend they were at the Red Deer Health and Wellness Show  Vegan cafe, so if you are looking for Vegan options in Red Deer, Glenn's is a great place to try.

My meal for the morning was no where near vegan however. I always have a hard time ordering healthy breakfast as eggs give me horrible stomach aches which makes breakfast choices very limited. I decided to roll with the Stuffed French Toast with extra blueberries on top. It comes stuffed with cream cheese, topped with mixed berries and grilled to perfection. To me, anything with cream cheese is perfection.



It was obviously delicious because it sure didn't last on the plate long.

If you are ever in Red Deer looking for a good home-cooked meal, breakfast or not, try Glenn's, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment