Tuesday, March 29, 2011

5: Things to Do For Spring

I have a few projects I want to work on in the coming months since I accomplished all my January goals.

1. Create a travel collage of places I've been and places I want to go. I want this created around a world map. A good friend of mine created something similar with a map on corkboard with colored pins for where she's been and wants to go with photos along the edge and I think it's amazing! I want to create something to showcase photos from trips I've been on as well as remind me of where I want to go (and that I need to save like crazy to get there).

2. Create an inspiration board. For those of you that don't know what this is, it's basically a collage of inspiring words, pictures, etc to remind you of your goals. A visual reminder that you can assist you with reaching your goals. I want one beside my vanity where I will see it every morning when I get ready for my day.

3. Clean out closet. There's alot of clothes I don't wear anymore and I really want to buy some new spring clothes. I want to clean everything I haven't worn in the past year out, take it to Plato's Closet and hopefully get some cash for it, donate the rest and then go treat myself to some new spring/summer gear!

4. Run 5k. By the end of the fall I had reached 5k which was a feat for me given I'm not a great runner. I haven't ran all winter and I really want to make more progress this year so I want to work to reach that 5k mark earlier in the season so I can maybe reach 10 by the end of the season!

5. Look into getting a website again. A few years ago I used to blog to Word Press and I loved my little personal site. I really want to have that again so I can have better layouts, backgrounds, etc and also to separate my fitness/diet posts from my regular life/music posts as I would really like to blog more about my health and fitness journey but don't want the other posts to get lost in the shuffle. I also have some plans for the future that could really benefit from a personal site as well if I get that off the ground so it would be an investment in the future. I need to look into hosting and give a special friend a ring about doing some design work for me.

So there you have it, a few little goals for me this spring. Along with those I want to make sure I'm keeping my budget under check. I've found I had to reduce my monthly spending allowance as I was running short at the end of the pay period when it came to groceries. I'm not sure if that was because I've been spending too much on my groceries or what was going on, but I took away $40 so I have $100 weekly.

I'm also working really hard on my eating, now working with a nutrition coach (who happens to be my boyfriends best friend which makes cheating really hard to get away with). My goal isn't to lose weight (it never is), but to become more lean and let the muscles I've been working so hard to build shine!



Do you have any spring time goals? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment