Saturday, January 8, 2011

Five: Anticipated Albums for 2011

With a new year comes an onslaught of new music to look forward to. I've already circled calendar dates waiting for certain albums to drop. The following are my five most anticipated albums for 2011.



1) Travis Barker - Give the Drummer Some
You probably know Travis Barker as the drummer of Blink 182 or lesser known The Transplants. He's been working hard on a solo album that's said to be a rap-rock hybrid with collaborations with the likes of Lil Wayne and Corey Taylor (Slipknot). Over the past year or two Travis has posted some sick remix's that he's drummed to which has got me hyped for his own disk.

2) Lady Gaga - Born This Way
This will be Gaga's second full length album after The Fame and last year's extension The Fame Monster. Gaga herself is claiming it will be the album of the decade. That might not be so far fetched. Her outfits and antics might be outrageous, but her talent is genuine. Another album I can't wait to hear, and even more excited for the tour to follow.

3) Britney Spears - not yet titled
Oops, she did it again. This is Britney's seventh album I believe. Up until lately there hasn't been alot of word, although apparently Jersey Shore's DJ Pauly D is pretty stoked on Miss Brit Brit. While there's not much to say in the way of talent and skill, you have to admit she puts out some pretty good dance songs, and for me I love a good song to bust a move to in my living room. Even better than the album, getting to witness the trainwreck of Britney being back in the spotlight. Don't forget to bookmark TMZ following the release of this disk.

4) Avril Lavigne - Goodbye Lullaby
A good old Canadian girl who will always have a close spot in my heart. Pretty disappointed in her divorce from Sum 41 singer Derek Whibley and a little confused with her relationship to reality tv dude Brody Jenner but what does that have to do with her new album. The first single 'What the Hell' was released during her performance at Dick Clark's New Years Eve bash and it's a catchy pop song in typical Avril style.

5) Lil Wayne - Tha Carter IV
I have to admit, I'm in love with Lil Wayne, but every girl falls for a bad boy once in awhile, right? Tha Carter III was my all time favorite Lil Wayne album, with my favorite Lil Wayne songs, hands down. I'm hoping IV will live up the III's epicness.

2 comments:

  1. Travis isn't the front man of Blink....

    Anyone calling their record the biggest one of the decade...it's sure to disappoint. Plus, sophmore records are always a bit of a let down. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

    Heard a clip of Britney's new single and my ears bled...

    Avril....might have some interesting material there. About time it came out. Guess it got held up with the divorce?

    Weezy...I pray that he pulls material from his current prison stay. THAT would be epic. Hip hop artist who's legitimately been to prison? hardly rare now, but it'd be interesting to hear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops, wrote this one in a hurry. You're right about the front man.

    I actually really dig the dub step breakdown in the new Britney tune. Love it.

    Avril I know isn't anything special, but I love her all the same.

    And yes yes yes yes yes, to Weezy. <3

    ReplyDelete