Monday, February 14, 2011

Recipe: Banana Protein Muffins

As promised, here is the recipe for the banana protein muffins I made to take with me for the weekend. They taste JUST like regular banana muffins and will probably become a new staple snack for me.

1 banana
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup cottage cheese
8 egg whites
5 single serving packs of Stevia (available at Costco)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp Agave nectar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda





Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until oats have been chopped thoroughly.

 Spray muffin tins and pour in mixture. Place in oven at 350 degrees C and bake for 20 minutes.



You can also pour mixture into a 1.5L loaf pan and cook at 375 for 50 minutes to make a banana bread instead. Upon removal let the loaf cool upside down in the pan for about 20 minutes to ensure it doesn't sink.

Makes 12 muffins or 6 slices of banana bread.



2 muffins or 1 slice of banana bread= 120 calories, 11.7g protein, 1.6g fat and 14.75g of carbs.

I hope you enjoy this little treat as much as I do. If you have any awesome recipes, please share. I am always on the hunt for something new to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment