Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Forgetful

The frustrating thing about reviewing the concerts I attend is the fact that my mind is basically a sieve. I have a hard time finding a place in my brain to store song titles, so while I remember all the details at a show, I can never remember what song it was.

I often have to research online and see if I can find any articles that may have picked up on the same things, or ask friends who were also in attendance if they remember. Sometimes I’m successful, other times not so much and I am forced to leave out that particular observation from my piece.

While in a state of attempt to remember something important, I often think to myself that I should remember to bring a notebook and pen to write down key moments, setlists, quotes, etc. I mean, every good writer has a notebook, right? If only I could remember to bring one. Next time I will, along with the ear plugs I never remember to bring…

I must be getting old! 

2 comments:

  1. What's the point of going to a concert if you have earplugs and can't hear? Just saying...... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Har Har, you can still hear, trust me it's plenty loud enough. My old ears sometimes can't handle the loud all the time. Mostly when I'm real close. Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete